Friday 29 June 2018

Winner Alright

Winner "Rasta Paul" ready to rumble!

England bowed under the pressure and at the final hurdle, so did the long time leader, Roisin Campbell. Gary is a relieved man and young Tom can't look his mum in the eyes again without reddening with the embarrassment of it. Still, 2 women in the top three (the other, defending champion, Marie Louise, and therefore my reason for embarrassment) proves something. I don't know what it is. I guess it's just, Je ne sais quoi!

The winner came with a late run. As the leader hit the final hurdle Rasta Paul galloped clear, getting every result right on the final day with one correct score. He was delighted when I phoned him last night, if not a little surprised, nay shocked, at my forwardness when I asked where he lived. I explained that there was no tax to pay on his winnings and he has promised to buy me a pint if I ever see him again!

Runner up, Roisin has been paid by Gary and had nothing to say that a wry smile couldn't. Consequently he got a wry smile, as did yours truly from Marie Louise. Most interesting of the prize winners responses, was Sara Deazley's dad who is putting his £50 behind the bar in the Parador when I get back from my holiday at the end of July. Ron Manager will have checked every entry by then and I will put up a final results table for all 100 starters if interest prevails.

Incidentally, a distant 100th was Colin Mitchell. I believe he may be an associate of Big Viv and therefore possibly a Leeds United supporter. I hope not. Colin, you scored a measly 18 points. Those psychic cats would have done better!

It's been a long two weeks for some and an interesting two weeks for us all. Thanks for taking part and staying on 'til the end of the ride. See you back here in 2022. I definitely won't be in Qatar!


On the Podium

1  Rasta Paul (48) £250
2  Roisin (47)  £150
3  Marie Louise (44)  £50

3  Sara Deazley's Dad (44)  £50
5  Dan Taggart (42)
6  Chris Mark (41) - Still and final top culchie bai!
7  Niall Cosgrove (40)
8  Sean Nolan (39)
8  Ronan Smyth (39)

8 Andrew Morrow (39)




No comments:

Post a Comment